If you’re tired of the routine and can’t find the motivation to work, then it’s time for a change. Try renting a coworking space or transforming your home workspace to inspire new projects. You can start with little things, like cleaning the table, or start making significant changes. On the internet, you will find exciting home office design ideas. The sites have collected inspiring images of desktops and offices that can be used for different purposes.
- Remove all unnecessary. If you are not yet ready for global changes, try first to eliminate unnecessary papers, boxes, stationery, and books on your desk. Clean up your workspace by leaving only the essentials, such as your laptop, notebook, and pen. If you don’t clean up the clutter, all your organizational efforts will be in vain. Get rid of unnecessary things to focus on work and not be distracted by things around you.
- Creative chaos. There are two types of people. The former believe that nothing should distract them from their work. The latter is convinced that creativity is born out of disorder. If you belong to the second type, you should choose a different approach to organizing your workspace and decorate it with interesting things. These can be figurines, books, and magazines, color palettes, or photographs taken on film. You can also surround yourself with flowers and mood boards. The entire space should create one coherent picture and inspire you to work effectively.
- Power of color. Color theory is science for engaging an audience and finding the motivation to be productive. Use it when choosing ideas for transforming your office. For example, keep in mind that green helps you relax. It is associated with nature and stability. To cope with the excitement during the workday, you can paint the walls green and place houseplants on the table. All plants will thrive indoors as long as you make use of an indoor grow tent, this way you will be surrounded by the color of nature. On the other hand, orange is the color of energy and activity, and red is passion and love. But these colors can be annoying, so they are best used in the decor. Purple is a color for creatives, while perfectionists prefer black and white. If you want to change the interior, start with the wall behind your desk. Which color to choose at the same time depends on your preferences.
- Separate space. The pandemic forced us to adapt to a new reality and learn to remain productive, even when pets and loved ones are around all day. Of course, it’s nice to spend a lot of time with your family, but not when you have a deadline at work. If you are not alone at home, try to organize a separate space to focus on your tasks. To do this, you can use a wooden or glass partition, which will separate the desk from the standard room and create a kind of office. For these purposes, it is worth seeking help and hiring professional remodeling contractors.
- The more light, the better the office. Have you ever worked in a dark room with poor lighting? If so, you were probably not very productive. The fact is that a lack of light affects the circadian rhythm – the internal rhythm of the body, which changes depending on the lighting and air temperature during the day. When working in low light, it goes into night mode, and you feel sleepy. When the light is bright, the body wakes up, and it’s easier for you to be productive. In other words, the reason for procrastination and concentration problems is your body mistaking daytime for nighttime. To regain productivity, move your home office to the lightest room.
- Unique atmosphere. Remember how you return from vacation with a massive charge of energy and a willingness to complete any task. During this time, you can easily find motivation and remain productive no matter what the workplace looks like. But there are situations when you are tired of everything, but you still need to complete your tasks. If so, try looking for inspiration in the world around you. It could be a landscape outside a window or a home office design. Think about the place you would like to be in and recreate its atmosphere in the workspace. If you are writing a book or reading a Hemingway novel for inspiration, you can hang a poster of Paris views on the wall or drink your morning coffee from a beautiful china cup. This way of decorating the surrounding space will give you new emotions and help you show creativity.