Manchester City will discover on Monday whether their appeal against a two-year UEFA ban from European football has been successful, the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) announced on Friday.
European soccer’s governing body UEFA ruled in February that City had committed serious breaches of Financial Fair Play (FFP) regulations and failed to cooperate with its investigation, handing them a ban and a 30 million euro ($33.89 million) fine.
City have denied any wrongdoing and their appeal was heard over three days by CAS last month.
Without Champions League football, City could miss out on at least 100 million pounds ($126.26 million) in prize money and broadcast revenue, as well as matchday and other income.
Earlier on Friday, manager Pep Guardiola was adamant City would be playing in the Champions League next season.
“We are ready,” the Spaniard told a news conference. “I have a lot of confidence and trust with the people that we will be allowed to play the Champions League because we want to be on the field during these years.”
Munster Win URC Championship With Late Try To Beat Holders Stormers
Verstappen Takes First Monaco Pole As Perez Crashes
Zhou Collects Four Pitlane Penalties in A Single Session
City’s Haaland Named Premier League Player Of The Season
Hamilton Rumours All Part Of F1’s Fuelled-Up ‘Silly Season’
Chennai Stand Between Gujarat And IPL History
Yorke Wants More United Treble Recognition As City Hype Builds
U.S. Mountaineer Climbs Rare Everest ‘Triple Crown’ As Death Toll Reaches 12
I Would Drive Him Myself – Klopp Says If Any Player Exits Over Champions League
Ten Hag Backs Sancho To Excel At Man Utd
Paris To Ban Single-Use Plastic at 2024 Games
Taking School Sport To The Big League