The 82nd Attorney General of the United States, Eric H. Holder, Jr., will provide opening remarks for the largest-ever gathering of senior African business leaders. The Honorable Eric H. Holder, Jr. served President Barack Obama from 2009-2015, and is currently a partner at Covington & Burling, LLP.
The panel, “Law and Crisis Management: Working with Lawyers in Business, Government, and Society to Manage the Challenges of COVID-19” will also feature:
- Moderator: David B. Wilkins, Lester Kissel Professor of Law, Vice Dean for Global Initiatives on the Legal Profession, and Faculty Director, Center on the Legal Profession, Harvard Law School
- Gerald Abila, Founder and Executive Director, BarefootLaw
- Myma Belo-Osagie, Co-Founder, Udo Udoma Belo-Osagie
- Michel Brizoua-Bi, Partner, Bilé-Aka, Brizoua-Bi & Associés
- Stephen Chege, Chief Corporate Affairs Officer, Safaricom
- Prof. Vincent O. Nmehielle, SJD, Secretary-General, African Development Bank Group Office of the Secretary-General and General Secretariat
- Ruth L. Okediji, Jeremiah Smith Jr Professor of Law, Harvard Law School and Co-Director, Berkman Klein Center
- Sandie Okoro, Senior Vice President and General Counsel, World Bank Group
- Thandi Orleyn, Chairperson, Legal Resources Trust
- Dr. Godfred Penn, Director and General Counsel, African Development Bank
Africa.com’s webinar series, Crisis Management for African Business Leaders, addresses the unprecedented challenges African executives are facing during the COVID-19 pandemic. Nearly 20,000 senior business leaders participate from 123 countries – 46 countries on the African continent + 77 countries throughout the world.
“Law and Crisis Management: Working with Lawyers in Business, Government, and Society to Manage the Challenges of COVID-19” will take place on Wednesday, June 3.
10:00 EDT New York | 14:00 GMT Ghana | 15:00 WAT Nigeria /UK | 16:00 CAT South Africa | 17:00 EAT Kenya If you have not yet registered, or for more information, please visit virtualconferenceafrica.com.
WTM Africa Launches Innovative Sustainability Village In 2023
FedEx Women Team Members Embrace New Opportunities In Logistics
Huawei Cloud Introduces All-Scenario Smart Finance Solution To Leapfrog The African Financial Sector
Cybersecurity In Education: Protecting Schools From Data Breaches And Ransomware
Charmaine Mabuza Honoured And Celebrated As An Epitome Of Success
Finding Specialised Skills Made Easy With A Temporary Employment Services Provider
What’s Next Now That South Africans Can Receive Solar Panel Tax Incentives?
Winners Crowned At Prestigious 21st Annual JSE Spire Awards
Mandate On Business Leaders To Hold Divisive Forces Accountable, 2023 Edelman Trust Barometer South Africa Reveals
How To Grow South Africa’s Hydrogen Economy
Why ‘Going Green’ Has Risen Quickly To The Top Of SME Agendas
Could Load Shedding And Energy Uncertainty Herald The Workplace’s Next Big Shift?