The EFF called off all protest action at all Clicks stores with immediate effect on Thursday following what was described as constructive and robust discussions between the two parties.
Following the offensive image that was issued by Clicks, the Economic Freedom Fighters held a meeting with Clicks regarding the racist advert that was posted on the Clicks website.
In a join statement released by the EFF and Clicks, they both agreed that the advert was offensive and racist and Clicks took full responsibility for the advert.
The following arrangements were agreed upon leading the EFF to call off the protests and declared the matter in question put to rest.
- Clicks expresses its remorse to all South Africans, black women in particular, for the racist Tresemme SA advert it published on its website.
- Clicks will withdraw all Tresemme SA products from all its stores and replace them with locally produced products.
- In addition, Clicks will donate a minimum of 50 000 sanitary towels (pads), 50 000 sanitizers and masks to rural and informal settlements identified by the EFF.
- Clicks will award a scholarship to five students to pursue pharmaceutical qualifications in the next academic year (2021). All five must be black, rural, African female and orphaned by HIV and AIDS.
- The EFF will work with law enforcement agencies to ensure that agent provocateurs involved in the vandalism of Clicks Stores are brought to book.