Authorities are still piecing together the events leading to a fire that broke out at Rivonia Village shopping complex in Rivonia.
At least eight people were injured in yesterday’s blaze and some are in a critical condition.
Nine shops were gutted.
It’s understood a gas cylinder explosion may have sparked the fire but authorities are still investigating.
EMS spokesperson Nana Radebe said, “We’ve also received reports that it started at a restaurant and most of the patients we removed had burns that indicate it started there.”